Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Flip floppin'

So I made my boss' and my coworkers' collective day yesterday when I told my (new and improved!) boss that I would be staying at Jumpstart, rather than quitting at the semester. I have to go over to the main office after work today to sign papers in order to confirm. The head teacher (my immediate supervisor) was very happy, and Ingrid (the new manager) literally jumped for joy. I'm not staying for them, particularly (likable as they are), but it was still a nice side effect to make other people so happy. It's a good feeling when decisions have added benefits.

Things have gotten better since the old manager was replaced. So much better that Celine's pep talk about how we're already halfway through the year (and past the most difficult part) was really effective. I'm not super excited to be staying here for another six months, but I probably won't be miserable either, and if I work at it, odds are good that I'll really enjoy it.

1 more hour today, and then two more days until the weekend. I'm going surfing again!

No comments: