Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Woosh

Woosh is the sound of how quickly the weeks are being torn off the calendar. We practice daily at school for the grad show, and that cuts into a big part of my teaching time, meaning that each day zooms past at work.

Katherine has gone home, and I've been going out to dinner with Martin more often. It's good times, but it has meant that I've been swimming a little less regularly. Gonna have to really clamp down on that. I've also been spending more time hanging out with Ali and Kaitlin, though Kaitlin will shortly be getting busier, as she has taken a new job. All three of us are very, very ready to be done with the current school year. 12 straight months of school is fucking hard.

I've kept up writing more regularly, though an increase in output seems to have coincided with a decline in quality. Obligation versus desire, and all that good stuff. I've been taking pictures every now and then (though too lazy to edit and post to flickr). No exciting trips to speak of, besides a ho-hum trip to Fulong, a good day of surfing at Daxi, and an afternoon of dragon boat races out in Xindian. This weekend there is a pool party on Saturday, and I'm considering heading to the coast on Sunday for some more surfing. I'd like to get out of the city. We'll see if it happens.

The weather has been interesting lately. Hot and humid and cloudy, with daily thunderstorms in the afternoon. Pretty cool, though I'd rather be relaxing at home on the couch listening to the rain and thunder than teaching a crowd of unruly children. I guess that's just how it is. This morning I awoke to find ants in my laptop. A less-than-desirable side effect of all the rain.

Keep on truckin', I guess. Muddle through 'til August, when I'm done and it's travel time.

Oh, one more thing: I have an initial phone interview tomorrow morning for a job as a study coordinator at the Menlo Park VA hospital. Wish me luck!

No comments: